Choose the best three sentences from those below (1-6), and put them in the right order to answer the question. (as per the bullet points)
Your company has just appointed a new production manager.
Write an email to the staff in your department:
• explaining why a new production manager was needed
• informing them of the new appointment
• telling them about the new production manager’s previous experience.
- You may have heard that the company needed a new production manager.
- The Board has decided to promote his assistant, Rena Scott, as his replacement.
- I am sure you will be sorry to say goodbye to Vic.
- If you want to apply for the position, please contact the Human Resources department as soon as possible.
- As you know, Vic Jennings, the production manager, is retiring next month.
- She has worked here for 14 years and is an expert on production processes.
Answer to the above exercise:
1st sentence (bullet point): 5 (Not 1, as this sentence, doesn’t explain why the new manager was needed)
2nd sentence (bullet point): 2 (Not 4, as this isn’t informing staff of the new appointment – it’s asking them if they’d like to apply)
3rd sentence (bullet point): 6 (3 is irrelevant information, and doesn’t answer any of the bullet points.)