Speaking - the easy way or the difficult way
Learn Business English the quick and easy way. Presented by a TEFL certified teacher on an intermediate level. Prepare for the BEC Cambridge examination.
Key to Student’s Worksheet
- A doesn’t answer the question. B is better because it answers the question and isn’t too long. The speaker also says I’m taking a business course, rather than I’m studying: using different words from the question helps to show what they know.
- A is better. Instead of stopping at I don’t have any free time, the speaker goes on to talk hypothetically. They also use free time as an alternative to spare time, showing that they know both phrases.
- A doesn’t clearly show the speaker’s opinion, and they haven’t given any reason for their opinion (whatever it is!). B makes the opinion clear and gives a reason.
- A is better. The speaker hasn’t thought about this before, but uses the question as an opportunity to speculate. Although B is a good answer, it is too long and repeats most of the question twice.
- A consists only of words and phrases, showing the speaker’s knowledge of vocabulary but not of putting words together into sentences. B is better, as it is connected, and includes a reason for mentioning colleagues.
Complete the form below to submit answers or files.
Intermediate Course for Quick and easy business English
Looking to widen your horizons? This could be the start of exciting things to come! Ever wondered what it would be like to work in New York, London, Houston, Mumbai, Auckland, Cape Town, Singapore or Sydney? Improve your chances on that promotion by improving your English.
Affordable online course and consulting fees
With my native English and years of experience in the business environment I’m also able to communicate in Afrikaans, German and Dutch, I was born in Pretoria, capital of South Africa. In 2019, we joined our children and grandchildren in Germany. I obtained Bachelor degrees in Building Science and Theology as well as the TEFL Level 5 certificate from the TEFL Academy.